The Cleveland Metro Ski Council is a charter member of the National Ski Council Federation, your source for ski clubs and ski councils throughout the United States.
Moving out of state? Then check out the National Ski Council Federation Web site for a ski club to join after you’ve settled in.
Where We Buy Gear
To look great on the slopes, in the water and on land, our members shop for quality gear (skis, snowboards, mountain bikes, inline skates and more), clothing and accessories at the following specialty shops. Why? Because they know what they’re talking about when it comes to the right gear for your sport.
- Buckeye Sports Center — Peninsula OH
- Ferdl Aster Ski Shop — Chesterland OH
- Geiger’s Clothing and Sports — Lakewood OH
- Geiger’s Ski & Sport Haus — Chagrin Falls OH
- Little Mountain Limited — Mentor OH
- R Ski Ranch — Austintown OH
- Ski Chalet — Niles OH
- Snowflake Ski Shop/Two.Four.Five Boardshop — Glenwood & Lockport NY
- Sun Valley Sports — Akron OH
- Village Ski, Skate & Snowboard — North Olmsted OH
- Twisted Bindings are a small accessory placed between your bindings and your snowboard that allows you to rotate your front foot up to 90 degrees forward- skateboard style- so that you can cruise the flats, skate through the lift line, board and ride the lift in comfort, and customize your stance. Use Coupon Code NCSF15 at checkout and receive the special NSCF discount of 15% off!
Check out the availability of free advertising for your ski club.
Ski Industry & Sports News
- PRW Travel Shows The Cleveland Ski Travel Show is held in May each year. It brings tour operators and ski area representatives together with our ski clubs and other ski councils within driving distance of Cleveland to book trips and gather information on future destinations. Every year, ski club decision makers conduct serious business with ski area and travel professionals. Ski club trip leaders and ski industry personnel are invited to contact Paul Webber for more information at PRW@PRWtravelshows.com
- International Skiing History Association and U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame and Museum have agreed to offer common benefits for a single membership fee. Support the history and heritage of skiing and snowboarding and receive a subscription toSkiing Heritage magazine.
- USSA: The Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) is the national governing body for Olympic skiing and snowboarding. Founded in 1904, USSA provides leadership and direction for tens of thousands of young skiers and snowboarders who share an Olympic dream. Visit the Web site for World Cup results, gifts for the snow sports enthusiast in your life, and more!
- Colorado Ski Authority provides useful information to enhance the Colorado ski experience, such as lift ticket comparison, terrain park guides, Colorado lodging guides, packages and deals.
- National Ski Area Association is the trade association for ski area owners and operators.
- Ohio Sport & Fitness is the source for sports and fitness activities in Ohio.
- Skipressmag.com is the online version of Ski Press Magazine.
- SkiEngine.com: Info on more than 60 ski slopes within 300 miles of Pittsburgh.
- Winter Feels Good is a winter sports awareness initiative by SnowSports Industries America (SIA)
- “Ski Instructors Confidential: The Stories Ski Instructors Swap Back at the Lodge” is a book by professional ski instructor and freelance writer Allen R. Smith who compiled this entertaining collection of stories from ski professionals. Perfect gift for the skier in your life. Visit www.snowwriter.com for more info.
- Stanford Hostel: Located in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park (just around the corner from Boston Mills Ski Area), the hostel has been offering affordable accommodations to everyone, especially the young, for twenty years.
Where We Ski
- Western New York
- Bristol Mountain
- Greek Peak
- Holiday Valley
- Kissing Bridge
- Peek’N Peak
- Swain Ski Center